Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Skipped 30k... Need advice on 50k Miles Service? what should i get done?

Hi,



My family owns 2004 Honda Accord (I4). I have to get this car maintenance done. its at 50k right now, and didn't get any service done at all other than 15k and oil change every 3k miles.



I dont think I should change timing belt / water pump at the moment since it is honda... The only thing I was told to change by my friends was just transmission fluid. (don't really know how much this should cost neither).



I went to Honda Dealership, and they gave me an estimate of $400. I dont have that kind of money at the moment... I would like to save $$. What has to be done? and what can I do by myself? and how much should they cost?





THANKS MUCHSkipped 30k... Need advice on 50k Miles Service? what should i get done?
change spark plugs/wires

air filter

fuel filter

rotate tires-suppose to do that every 6k

coolant flush, if youve never done that

and change cabin air filter-if you have one





you dont need to do the timing belt or waterpump

those dont go out till around 100-120k



i would change the tranny fluid

most people dont-but if you want the car to last over 150k, i would change itSkipped 30k... Need advice on 50k Miles Service? what should i get done?
your car manual has a service interval schedule in it fallow it. changing a timing belt on a honda. very important to fallow the schedule. if it brakes valve damage usually fallows (big big bucks). honda is usually an interference engine.i know it cost money, timing belt and water pump always first on list. that schedule will help you prepare for whats next so that you can save the money and know if you can wait on a repair.