Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Help a useless car lover out boys.?

Well, here is the deal fellas. I am infact a useless car lover. You name a part on the motor, and tell me to fix it, I think you are speaking alien.



Yep, the only thing I know how to do is change the wiper blades, pump in gas, and change the oil.



Here is the main point.. A guy like me, that knows nothing of cars, and lives a meager lifestyle(don't have alot of money to blow). Should I be buying classic cars with power?? - The car I have my heart set on, his the American classic 1996/1997 Chevy Impala SS. You know the big boat with the LT1? I want that beast so bad, and I found one for 8000$ with low mileage. I researched the vehicle and apparently.. this thing was built like cr@p. It breaks down alot, regardless of all the normal tune ups(changing fluids etc. - stop laughing). I don't know if there is any truth to this as it was only a few reviews, and there was 10's of thousands of these built. Anyways.. if this thing is going to break down on me alot, and for the size of the car.. should I even be getting it? I want it bad, but the fact I am so ill-educated on fixing cars and the fact this thing was built like cr@p makes me nervous.



What do you guys think?Help a useless car lover out boys.?
Yep, I had me one of those. Did you know that they are only about three feet shorter than an aircraft carrier, and burn more fuel than the Exxon Valdez?

seriously, I wouldn't mess with a car I couldn't trust no matter how much I loved it. Get something dependable.Help a useless car lover out boys.?
PASS, get one that is older and a lot easier to work on!Help a useless car lover out boys.?
Those are really nice machines with a big following and great resale value.It is one of the few newer reasonably priced cars that won't depreciate if kept up.I doubt that there will be any serious problems with it,especially with low miles.The LT1 is a great engine too.My opinion for what it's worth is go ahead and get it after investigating the history through Carfax and having a trusted mechanical friend take it for a drive.