Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Are you supposed to tip a mechanic?

Like after he pumps air into your tires and changes your oil? And if so how much?Are you supposed to tip a mechanic?
It's up to you but it's not normally done.Are you supposed to tip a mechanic?
Being honest deserves rewards.I had a $350 and was gonna give him $400 cuz he's my regular mechanic, he's a nice guy and honest, and once charged me $85 for an entire day's labor just cuz I'm always going to him.After reading responses, I will prob give a lil less I didn't want to be a fool either.

Report Abuse

Are you supposed to tip a mechanic?
1-2$?Are you supposed to tip a mechanic?
mechanics make enough off chumps that they dont need tips. although if he's a nice guy and hasnt made u feel like uve overpaid in the past, 10-20 dollars wouldn't go astray. a more formulaic approach would be the universal 10% of the billAre you supposed to tip a mechanic?
I've never heard of it. And I'm against tipping anywhere you don't have to. I think the price should go onto the bill and shouldn't be based on a percentage of anything.

Tipping is a custom of the aristocracy towards servants, it isn't something that can or should be translated into interactions of ordinary people in the free market.Are you supposed to tip a mechanic?
Depending on what type of relationship you have with him/her. Is it you regular mechanic or some jiffy lube place?

When I was a mech. my regular customers would sometimes would offer to buy me lunch or something. Not regularly but if they were in the neighborhood. It all depends on your relationship. Most don't expect it but everyone likes to be appreciated.Are you supposed to tip a mechanic?
10% of your purchase would be fair!Are you supposed to tip a mechanic?
No body ever tipped me.Are you supposed to tip a mechanic?
well i tip any one that does service for me and does a great job and a fair price . when i feel they went out of there way and took extra effort to make me happy ..it is worth a tip ..Are you supposed to tip a mechanic?
to me i don't give a single tip as this's his job he deserved to do it better.Are you supposed to tip a mechanic?
BEING A BIG RIG TECHNICIAN, WE ALL REALLY LIKE AND APPRECIATE TIPS, I PERSONALLY HAVE GOTTEN A HUNDRED AND A TWENTY DOLLAR TIP. NOW THOSE WERE PRETTY BUG EXTREMES. BUT WE DONT MAKE ALOT OFF OF PEOPLE THE COMPANY IS THE ONE THAT MAKES THE PROFIT. BUT NO YOU DONT HAVE TO TIP IF YOU DONT FEEL LIKE IT.Are you supposed to tip a mechanic?
absolutly tip him or her if they do you right!! How else will you develope a good relation ship without appreciation bonous.Are you supposed to tip a mechanic?
It's not necessary or expected. If your mechanic has helped you out and not charged you for his service then it would be a good gesture to remember him at Christmas with a plate of candy or something. I have been tipped in allot of other ways such as being in a restaurant and having my bill paid by someone that appreciated help that I had given them. But seldom that anyone offers a cash tip.
  • set up a home network with vista
  • find beagle puppies for sale
  •