Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm having car trouble; I need advice?

Last night my car started acting funny. Whenever I stopped (red light; stop sign), and I hit the gas to go, my car kinda sputters at first. Like it struggles to get going. But once it started going, it was fine.



Then, this morning, I go to leave and I have about 50% engine power, at all times, even while driving. My check engine light is on and blinks sometimes. By the way I have a 1996 4-door Chevrolet Cavalier. When I looked under the hood while the car is running, I can see the entire engine shifting back and forth as if it were about to die, but it never did.



I just had an oil change about 2-3 weeks ago, and I checked my oil. And I also had a new fuel filter and fuel pump put in about a month or so ago.



I'm thinking it has something to do with spark plugs/wires. But I'm not sure. If you also think the same, how do I tell if a spark plug is dead? How do I take them out? I pulled the spark-plug wire off, and I can see the spark plug, but I've never messed with those things before so I just stopped right there.



WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?I%26039;m having car trouble; I need advice?
Mechanic.



It's a short, simple word, that people seem to forget or something.



Instead of wasting 5-10 minutes typing up your question, you could have had a 5-10 minute conversation with a mechanic, and gotten your answer straight from a professional.



So the question is...why didn't you?I%26039;m having car trouble; I need advice?
Not knowing the mileage but guessing at the age you're ripe for new plugs and plug wires. To diagnose use a spark plug wrench and remove one at a time. Reattach the plug wire and start engine. See if it sparks and if the engine replicates your problem. When it doesn't you've found the wire. Buy to be safe replace all plugs and wires. you're dueI%26039;m having car trouble; I need advice?
It's really hard to tell what the problem is. Just take it to an auto mechanic.I%26039;m having car trouble; I need advice?
HAHA, I love how you just state that mechanics lie.



Mechanics are just people, like you are. And more often than not, they know what's going on, when YOU don't. If they lie, they don't get your service back, so that wouldn't benefit them in the slights.



And yeah, they'll tell you to bring it in. That's like calling a doctor and saying you feel bad. Without them checking you out, how would they figure out what's wrong with you?



Thank you for the humor today. You seem like one of the least bright car owners I've ever seen.



And reported, since you seem to feel the need to insult others. What an ingrate, lmao.