Thursday, September 22, 2011

My bmw 3series died on me today for no apparent reason. the fuel is full.?

Just before it went off, i noticed the oil light come on. i serviced the car at a fuel station just yesterday. I had an oil change and then purged the fuel system because it was acting funny. the purging seemed to solve the problem till now. what do i do. i already checked the fuel pump and plugs. all seem to work alright. I hear the car can shut down to protect the engine? how do i get it back on? pls help.My bmw 3series died on me today for no apparent reason. the fuel is full.?
Yes the engine computer (DME) can shut down the engine to protect it from further harm. Somehow in your case the computer may have sensed something terribly wrong. Or even without the computer's intervention the engine can shut down for so many other reasons.

The car needs to be diagnosed by a knowledgeable BMW tech using a BMW GT1 which naturally dealers and some independents have.

Perhaps the check oil level light was due to a bad oil level sensor and of course no oil or low oil level would be a cause to shutdown. Low oil pressure or high engine temp readings are other possible causes.

But there are so many other reasons which would be too long to enumerate here.

Again, bring it to a BMW shop for diagnosis. Tow it if you have to.

At least pay for the diagnosis and then take it from there.My bmw 3series died on me today for no apparent reason. the fuel is full.?
what year is it?



I would take it in for an OIL change to the dealership ASAP! or get a tow truck.



retunr the favor:



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;