Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do you install or replace a water pump on a 99 Yukon 5.7? ?

Yes Ive had this squeaking sound coming from my truck for a little while now and I think it's coming down to my water pump. I've replaced the idler pulley, belt, and tensioner and the squeak comes back. I had my oil changed the other day and my antifreeze resevior was dry as a bone. I noticed this morning that I had a little leak and splatter of coolant on my garage floor. So it has to be the water pump, right? Well I'm not sure how exactly to replace it.. if anyone knows please help me or point me somewhere to show me. I'm not wanting to pay someone cause I'm pretty sure I can do it myself with a little instruction

ThanksHow do you install or replace a water pump on a 99 Yukon 5.7? ?
you need to pull off accessory belt,fan %26amp; shroud,accessory bracket it usually covers some part of pump then remove pump bolts.best if you get a repair manual $15.00 its worth it to have with youHow do you install or replace a water pump on a 99 Yukon 5.7? ?
very carefully