Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Price check on an 02 Chrysler Sebring.?

The v6 2.7liter engine is filled with sludge and the oil light keeps turning on (I did keep the oil changed) for awhile then off even after spending a pretty penny on a new oil pump. I can't afford to spend money on an engine/labor and would rather sell it.



The car is in very good condition and the engine sounds good other than its sludge/oil light problem... I have looked at kelley blue book (4500 for fair condition) but I can't base my decision based entirely on that.



I would like to be honest with the person buying it but I don't want to ask for too little.



Any ideas on how much I should ask for? by the way its a 4door LX sedan and has a good body/interior.Price check on an 02 Chrysler Sebring.?
i have a dodge intrepid with the same engine and similar problems. if you go to a few message boards that engine has a design flaw where the oil pump doesn't have enough pressure to lubricate the upper end of the engine block. as far as the value of the vehicle, that would depend on mileage mostly. if kelley blue book says 4500 try to get 5000 out of it. if your conscience is worrying then be sure to explain to the buyer why the engine light keeps coming on and assure them that you have changed the oil regularly. besides if you ask for 5000 you'll have some wiggle room and let them talk you down to 4k to 4500 and you'll both feel like you got a fair deal.Price check on an 02 Chrysler Sebring.?
If you want anyone to take your problem off your hands, you need to lower the price and hope you get a yo-yo that doesn't have the car checked out before buying it. Sludge in the engine is never good. Personally, I would run, very fast, from this car.



I would invest in an engine flush before selling and tell the prospective buyer that you had the oil pump replaced....and leave it at that.