Saturday, November 20, 2010

I wanted to change the oil pump on my 2000 Escalade and needed to know how to go about doing it?

I've looked under the truck and located the oil pump. The hardest thing I can see are the two lines that are coming from the oil pump to wherever they go.

How can I take down the old oil pump and install the new one?I wanted to change the oil pump on my 2000 Escalade and needed to know how to go about doing it?
I think you should take it in and just give the symptoms (not your diagnosis), and let a pro fix it. Why? I'm not so sure your oil pump is the problem, and you shouldn't be either.I wanted to change the oil pump on my 2000 Escalade and needed to know how to go about doing it?
Be careful if your not familiar with changing it because that is a sensitive part. If you were to break the oil lines you'll create a much bigger problem. Before doing so explain your reasoning why you are changing it. If you do have a problem with your vehicle tell us some of us may know what it is. With the year of your vehicle and also the part itself most oil pumps are supposed to last a lifetime and can go without changing them. Best of luck!I wanted to change the oil pump on my 2000 Escalade and needed to know how to go about doing it?
Why are you trying to replace the oil pump? What's the problem or reason you wanna replace it? or are you just upgrading to a better one?