Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Do I need to change my oil? It looks clean!?

So, I'm at about 6,000 miles since my last oil change. I was going to get it changed today -- but I checked the dipstick first. The oil is above the %26quot;full%26quot; mark and it looks like a nice, clean translucent brown oil color.



How can this be? Shouldn't it be dirty/sludgy by now?



I am thinking... I have taken my car to the shop a couple of times recently. Once was to get my fuel pump replaced, the other to fix an engine valve. At any rate, could it be that the mechanic changed my oil without telling me?



I guess I should call him and ask...Do I need to change my oil? It looks clean!?
You should call and ask, but, if you had to have a valve fixed,your oil probably was changed.Do I need to change my oil? It looks clean!?
Most places tell you to change oil every 3,000 miles but in reality you can go 5,000 and still be ok. I would change the oil and filter now.Do I need to change my oil? It looks clean!?
The mechanic may have changed it without saying. You might be best off just replacing it as cheap as it is to do so.Do I need to change my oil? It looks clean!?
No one in UK changes their oil under 10,000 miles it just isn't necessary with multigrade oils.

Your mechanic may not have told you he changed the oil but he sure would have billed you lol.Do I need to change my oil? It looks clean!?
your right about the mechanic could have changed the oil when it was in for the valve problem, call him and ask, if it has been 6,000 miles you need to get it changed.