Thursday, June 2, 2011

How long does a mechanic have to keep records?

The mechanic that did my oil change mysteriously lost my invoice and I desperately need it to fix my water pump that is covered by warranty only with invoices. The mechanic demanded that I pay cash and now he has no record of it and is even trying to deny doing the work.How long does a mechanic have to keep records?
He should have given you a receipt when you paid him for the work he did unless he's a backyard mechanic.How long does a mechanic have to keep records?
Wow. LOL. Does this guy live out of an RV and have braids in his hair? Does he smell like urine and moth balls?How long does a mechanic have to keep records?
Sounds like he probably speaks spanish and lives in and works out of a rusty van. Not sure what an oil change has to do with a warranty on a water pump, but I've never heard of a law saying how long someone has to keep an invoice on an oil change.
  • web ftp hosting
  • windows live
  •